(side note: Thank you, Amy, for updating the blog so often for me since the hospital wireless does not allow me to do so on my laptop... I'm at the Ronald McDonald House right now with 15 minutes before the computer lab closes!)
After a long day of waiting, a gastroenterologist finally saw Micah this evening at 6:00pm. I won't bore you with all the details of the day. But after this GI guy saw him, he informed me that he would like to do an endoscopy tomorrow. There are a few things that could be causing the "pooling" of liquid in Micah's duodenum, including scarring from his duodenal atresia repair when he was 2 days old or his duodenum simply not contracting. The former would require surgical repair. The latter... I'm just not sure if there's even a fix for that.
Anyway, we'll know more tomorrow. Micah is on the schedule for about 7:30am. Please pray that there are no complications with the anesthesia (specifically, that his right vocal cord would be well-protected and that he does not need to remain intubated after the procedure is finished) and that the GI doc will find something that will explain Micah's enlarged duodenum.
1 month ago