A Little Something Extra

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sickness spreads

Yes, it's true. I'm sick too. I really hope to feel better tomorrow. Mark has been an all-star this weekend, taking care of the boys.

It's sad... it's almost the end of October and I haven't shared much about Down syndrome for awareness month. I'll just have to spread it into November. But if any of you readers out there have specific questions, please let me know. I'll be happy to answer them.

For a bit of humor, I'll add a Nathanism. We've never given Nathan straight juice, other than an occasional juice box at a party. He usually gets about 2/3 water and 1/3 juice (if you're worried he's not getting enough Vitamin C, then you don't understand exactly HOW MUCH this child drinks every day). Anyway... Nathan has recently been saying he would like "the juice up and the water down." It's quite cute and very insightful, actually.

Oh, and another one. Two weeks ago we took a family "hiking" trip to a state park to see the beautiful leaves. We talked about the pretty park all morning. After we walked for a bit, we drove around the rest of the park. After a while, Nathan starting asking, "Where's the park?" We replied, "We're IN the park, buddy." "But where IS it?" "Right here." "Where IS it?" It was a very long, hilarious conversation. Nathan's definition of "park" is apparently more like "playground." He truly didn't understand that we could DRIVE through a park. He was thinking swings and slides.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!!!!! Congratulations!!! What a blessing!!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot to sign above.
God bless, Diane

Melanie said...

Nathan is so funny! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Mindy said...

Feel better, Jennie!

sarah said...

I just had a thought and it might be a silly one, or it might help so I have to say it just in case, would it help Micah to sleep in a more upright position? He looks so happy in his car seat it just made me wonder, and I feel so bad for both of you knowing how hard it is when a little one can't sleep. Anyway, hope your feeling better soon.

Jennie said...

Sarah - Great suggestion. We usually put Micah in his cradle swing about halfway through the night. Lately, though, he's been preferring his crib because he can roll to his side. He seems to like that better. We do have one end of his crib raised up a bit too. His best nights of sleep occur if he poops in the evening. So we're looking at options to help in that arena. :-)