A Little Something Extra

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Photos

Sickness in our house is spreading... please pray that Micah escapes with no more than his current sneezing and slightly runny nose.


In light of my need to get to bed at a reasonable time tonight, I'm going to just post some photos that should have gone up in September but I've been a bit disorganized.

Micah's first experience in the water

Okay, he liked it better before the water hit his tummy.
Post-swim (his legs aren't quite as chunky now, but they were pretty yummy back then)


Nathan "driving my car and calling Grammie"
Micah in the tub, showing off the war wounds. Obviously, the open-heart surgery scar is the most prominent. He still has some small scars from the chest tubes, but those will be invisible soon, I'm sure. I'm pretty impressed with the scar from his duodenal atresia surgery. It's four inches long, to his right of his belly button (way bottom of the photo), and it's hardly noticeable. Same thing with the one-inch vertical scar to his right of his feeding tube from when they placed the tube. The white thing on his lower left abdomen is his feeding tube. I'll take a photo of that sometime by itself.

2 comments:

paige said...

Jennie ~ i love your honesty. Your last post about 90% is a heartbreaking reminder that the wisdom of man is foolishness to God.
May God bless Micah & comfort his mama who had to watch him get his 'war wounds'.

The Sanchez Family said...

Hi! I'm so glad I found you in blogland. My son was born on 2-2-08- his due date was 2-14. We found out he had DS at 3 months old- although I knew it the moment he was born. I look forward to following your story and all my best to you and your beautiful family. I hope Micah escapes the "bug" going around. What a cutie pie!