A Little Something Extra

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Neenah, here we come!

Everyone seems to be okay with Micah being moved up to Neenah, so we're now just waiting for the transport team to tell us when they can fit him into the schedule. They should be received a pre-authorization letter from our insurance company later this afternoon/evening and that's the last piece of the puzzle. Well, sort of... the weather could play a role in the "when?" question. But at least we know that sometime this week (hopefully tomorrow), Micah will be transported to Neenah. We don't know how many more weeks he'll be in the hospital, but it will be easier to deal with while being able to sleep in my own house.

I'll miss Micah's caregivers here at CHW. The nurses are wonderful, as are the speech therapists, lactation consultants, physical therapists, etc. But it's great that the NICU in Neenah is in the same group as Milwaukee, so we have great referrals.

Once we get a date/time from transport, I'll let you know!

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh what wonderful news! I'm so happy for all of you.

Ami said...

Great news, Jennie! I'll be looking forward to hearing about the move. Continued prayers for you and your family.

Emilie said...

That is really wonderful news!

Heidi Jean said...

Hi Jennie & family...I am Heidi Selch from Kingswood DR & we go to CBC as well. Rochelle gave me the blog address. What a sweet, beautiful little boy! Glad to hear you will be back in Neenah, I am sure you are looking forward to that. I want to let you know that we are always home and would love to have Nathan come over and play with Brenden. Please give us a call, we would love to help in any way. 720-0698
God's Blessings!
Heidi Selch

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennie,
Just wanted to tell you that I think you look great in your family's Packer picture. I see joy on your face and that is a huge testimony to all of us. May God continue to bless you and we are so excited you are coming home!

Rachel said...

Praising God that you can take your sweet boy home, well almost. At least you will be home and I'm sure it will make things a little easier for Nathan also.

Vicky said...

Hi Jennie,

Micah is a beautiful baby! I am thrilled he is making great progress.

So excited that you will be making your way back to Neenah with Micah! What an answer to prayer that is. :)

We'll pray that the weather cooperates so the transfer goes smoothly.

Vicky Osinga @ CBC

Amy said...

Jennie, that's wonderful. What a relief it will be for all of you to have HOME as your home base! Less stress for everyone.

Andrea Marcks said...

I am so glad you are able to come home!!! It will be so much nicer for you to be able to go home at night. You are all in my prayers - hang in there. I really admire your strength. Andrea

Kris Delaney said...

What GREAT news!!! Welcome to Neenah, Micah. You are almost home! kris

Melanie said...

I am so glad to hear it all worked out.
It was great to see you yesterday! I hope to make it to Neenah to see Micah!

ATLKrafts said...

i sent something to RMD, so hopefully they will forward it!