A Little Something Extra

Saturday, October 30, 2010

31 for 21... Reece's Rainbow: Andrea Roberts is hero of the year



Wahoo!!!  The founder of Reece's Rainbow was recently named People Magazine Reader's Choice Hero of the Year.

This post is definitely for my readers who don't have a child with Down syndrome.  Why?  Because if you're "in the club," I'd be surprised if you haven't heard of Reece's Rainbow.

Andrea Roberts founded this super special organization that has found homes for almost 300 children whose parents abandoned them because they have an extra chromosome.  What I find most incredible is that you can help to sponsor a child by contributing to that child's adoption fund.  So even if your family doesn't feel called to adopt one of these children, you can financially help someone else bring that child home.

I blogged a bit yesterday about why this is so important.  In certain countries, these children don't live much past their preschool years as they are usually sent to an institution at age 5 and die before they can grow up.  These adoptive families are saving these children from certain early death.

No, Michelle Z, I'm not trying to tell you what you think I'm trying to tell you, LOL.  But I'm considering becoming a Christmas warrior.  I'll let you know early next week.

1 comment:

Michelle Z said...

Hahaha!
Thanks for clarifying :)