A Little Something Extra

Friday, October 22, 2010

31 for 21... the Cornish family

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."  ~ James 1:27

What does James 1:27 mean to you?

For many of us, it means doing what we can to help another family adopt a child.  Not all of us are called to bring another child into our home.  But there are some who ARE called.

Here's a photo of a family.  Can you tell which ones are biologically "theirs?"


Aren't they beautiful?  And just think... they're missing TWO!  Yes, two children who currently live in the Ukraine.  One, Monroe (aka Wesley) whom they "know" will be coming home this fall.  The other... well, I'll let you watch the video to hear about Aleksa.


I met Meredith Cornish at the NDSC convention in Orlando in July.  Their family is hard to mistake for anyone else.  I introduced myself, as I feel I "know" her through the blogosphere.  And I'm a bit biased toward a family that has a little Micah in specs. :-)

Could you do what they have done and continue to do?  I don't think I could (though I didn't think I could do all that we've had to do with Micah, either, but I believe that God gives you the strength to handle the trials and challenges He presents to you, as long as you accept HIS strength and don't try to rely on your own strength).

I can't think of words worthy to describe how I admire the Cornish family.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

What an amazing family! They live in near me so I am sure I will see them at our Down syndrome walk tomorrow! Like you said, there is no mistaking them.

Laurie said...

I'm glad you did this tribute to the Cornish family. I completely admire them, too...and wish we could do the same. (I'm still working on my husband!)