A Little Something Extra

Monday, September 22, 2008

Too ambitious? 31 for 21

As you can see, it has taken me 11 days to post something new, so I'm definitely not one for daily blog updates. But, I think this is a good motivation for me to do so for the month of October. There are 31 days in October. The 21 stands for the extra 21st chromosome possessed by those with Down syndrome.

Get It Down; 31 for 21
October is Down syndrome awareness month. We also found out last year in October that Micah has Down syndrome. So it seems appropriate for me to spend this month helping to raise awareness about Down syndrome on my blog. I don't think I'll focus on Down syndrome every day. But I'll update the blog more often.

Anyone is welcome to participate, even if you don't know someone with Down syndrome (though if you read my blog, you "know" Micah). :-) So feel free to visit Tricia's blog to get the button and join the October blogging adventure.

(BTW, new photos will follow soon)
And just a reminder... you can "subscribe" to my blog by entering your email in the box on the left column (under all the family photos). Follow the instructions and you can get an email each night that I actually do update the blog (thus eliminating the need for random guessing on when I'll be responsible enough to post an update). The full blog posting, including pictures, comes to your inbox so you can read it at your leisure.

No comments: