I'll start this post with the moral of the story: it's foolish to take a 2-yr-old and a pregnant woman on a 1/2-mile trek through 6 inches of snow on 5-degree temperature day.
The romantic notion of a family adventure to choose and cut down a Christmas tree was a huge debacle. Nathan actually wore his hat and mittens for once and walked for a bit after riding in the sled for a bit. But eventually he just started crying and wanted Mark to hold him. We weren't able to find "our tree" at the first field. The owner was out in that area and he recommended the next area which was 400 more yards away and up a hill. At that point, we bailed. Nathan was now screaming. Mark took him and walked/ran back to the car. We ended up choosing a pre-cut tree and going home.
All that walking was probably too much for me. I ended up in Labor & Delivery last night due to consistent contractions. After explaining my situation to the nurse on-call at my ob's office, she told me to head to the hospital. My contractions were 2-5 minutes apart but my cervix didn't seem to be affected. The on-call ob ordered (by phone) IV fluids and a terbutaline shot and procardia to stop the contractions. I was out in less than 3 hours. I have an appt in the morning with my perinatologist so we'll see if she decides to put me on anything to minimize these contractions.
I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow and we absolutely need to make it to 34, preferably at least 36. Mid-January is our goal. Please continue to pray for that. Thanks for your support, friends.
Encouraging girls to Read Scripture
1 week ago