A Little Something Extra

Friday, April 23, 2010

a death in the "family"

(to my biological family... sorry for the shocking title... this is not someone you know)

The phrase "Down syndrome community" does not do justice to the tie that binds us together.  I love the tight community I have found thanks to that pesky and perky extra 21st chromosome that Micah possesses.  This community exists online as well as in person.  There are so many kids (and moms) who I feel like I know, even though we've never met in person.  I can't even begin to guess how many hundreds of people have been praying for Micah since last weekend.  And we are so grateful.

8yr old Carly died today.  Very unexpectedly.  She had her heart repaired as a baby.  She beat leukemia in 2004.  She suddenly got sick today and died.  Unexpected.  Tragic.  And I would say "unimaginable," except that last Saturday, we were almost in her family's current situation.

Why did God spare Micah's life and not Carly's?  I cannot begin to fathom.  His ways are not our ways.

Hug 'em if you got 'em.  Be thankful for every day.  And pray for Carly's family. (they're in Michigan, in case you were wondering)

2 comments:

Heather said...

While traveling the "family" blogs tonight,feeling that somehow I was going to find that Carly was not called home and she was still with us,in this earthly life but knowing all along,my wishing and hoping and praying would not change a thing,I found you and your beautiful,beautiful boy .... who is fighting his own fight and from previous posts,I can see,your warrior boy looks better.And thank God for that.So tonight I will add Micah to my prayer list and check back in soon,hoping to find that he has found his way into your loving,anxious arms.

Love and prayers coming from California.

one_plustwins said...

Prayers for Carly George's family. God bless Joany and the whole family.